Bruce R. Seglund
Bruce R. Seglund has been practicing law for over three decades.
He has demonstrated the “Highest Possible Peer Review Rating in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards”, being an AV – Preeminent Rated attorney for more than 15 years. He has received multiple awards in Oakland County for his pro-bono work. Bruce concentrates his practice in providing legal advice and assistance in Probate law; Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning; Business Formation & Operations, Real Estate and Non-Profit Organizations.
Bruce currently resides in Commerce Township with his wife Connie. He is an active member of the community and has been involved with numerous committees and organizations.
Education & Experience
Bruce received his Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan State University in 1973. He later went on to earn his Juris Doctor degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1979. His legal achievements and background include the following…
- Charter Township of Milford General Legal Counsel.
- Village of Milford General Legal Counsel.
- Village of Wolverine Lake General Legal Counsel.
- City of Wixom General Legal Counsel, 1999-2007.
- Village of Franklin General Legal Counsel, 1993 – 1996.
- Private Practice (including Estate and Business Planning), 1981-current.
- Charter Township of Highland General Legal Counsel, 1996-2007.
- Green Oak Charter Township General Legal Counsel, 1995-2006.
- General Legal Counsel, Lakes Area of Oakland County Community Foundation, 2000 – current.
- El-Husseini vs. FNMA – Wayne County Circuit Court 10-001074, MI Court of Appeals 303165
- Smith v. Chase Manhattan Mortgage Co., Oakland County CC 2005-068280, MCOA 286668
- Green Oak Township v. Dept. of Natural Resources, Livingston County CC 2004-020782, MCOA 268424, 259262.
- Rashid v. City of Wixom, Oakland County CC 2003-053720, MCOA 257664.
- Fonda Island and Briggs Lake Water Authority v. Green Oak Township, Livingston County CC 00-018275; MCOA 248594, 248592.
- Green Oak Township v. Green Oak MHC, Livingston County CC 00-017990; MCOA 231704.
- Mystic Creek Golf Club v. Township of Milford, Tax Tribunal 00-244466; MCOA 225492.
- Lake O Woods Condo Assoc v. James David, Oakland County CC 96-523379; MCOA 212141.
- Adell v. Marotta, Oakland County CC 515531; MI Court of Appeals 197514.
- Friend v. Friend, Oakland County CC 93-459046, MI Court of Appeals 178583.
- Ogg v. Fournier, Oakland County CC 453292; MI Court of Appeals 176452.
- Testani v. City of Wixom ZBA, Oakland County CC 92-436398; MI Court of Appeals 164563.
- State Bar of Michigan
- District J Character and Fitness Committee, 1996-2004
- Admitted into the State Bar in 1981
- Oakland County Bar Association Speakers Bureau in 1988
- Admitted into the United States District Court-Eastern District of Michigan in 1981
- Admitted into the United States District Court-Western District of Michigan in 2011
- Pro Bono Service Award from the Oakland County Bar Association in 1992
- General Civil Mediator Training in 2011
- Knights of Columbus, Charter member, Council 4064-Advocate, 1982-1998
- Former President, Vice President and Member of the Walled Lake Area Jaycees
- Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund Committee
- Lakes Area of Oakland County Community Foundation, General Legal Counsel
- Involved in Friends of the Foster Farmhouse/Banks-Dolbeer Historic Home
- Outstanding Service Award from the American Diabetes Association in 1992
- St. Williams Catholic Church, Parish Council, 2012 – 2014.
Bruce R. Seglund may be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone at